Navagation

 Facebook    Gallery    YouTube     Twitter

Thursday, July 5, 2018

C.P. Wisdom

 Facebook    Gallery    YouTube     Twitter



This is one of many emails I receive from students and educators to share my view  about living as a person with a disability.

What do you talk about in your motivational speeches?

I mostly tell stories from my life, a lot of is related to living as a person with a disability but really they can relate to everyone. We all have challenges in life, but I want to show people there is always a way to get over them. If one way is not work try another, it is okay to ask for help. I also talk about find your passion in life, because they become asks of kindness that can change our world for the better. Even the smallest can change a life for the good.

How do you communicate in different ways?

The biggest one is my art, I do a lot of social media to keep up with disability topics and to put my thoughts out for people to think about. I really am not one to talk about my daily life on it, but put out a lot of my art and things that I feel passionate about. I feel like social media has open a new world of communication for the disabled community.

How has cerebral palsy affected your life? How do you express yourself?

Having CP is just about doing things differently, I can do what ever I want just with twist. It is a life style that chose me, it might take longer to do things but I get them done. If might take me twice as long to have a conversation in the end my thoughts may be valuable then others.

What is your belief about cerebral palsy?

I still feel that I do have CP, but it does not control me. It does present more challenges in life, but CP is just part of my personality and help lead me down the path I am taking in life. I have never asked why I have CP, or if there was a way to fixed it. Once I was visiting a school and a student asked me the magic pill question to take away my CP. I replied, I would not take it because having CP is only way of life I know. To take away my CP would be like dropping off to live on another planet

No comments:

Post a Comment