Navagation

 Facebook    Gallery    YouTube     Twitter

Monday, November 14, 2016

The scariest part of Me Before You is its realism (NOT!!!)


I might get my ass kicked on this one, but you can’t always go with grain. Wifey and I saw this at the dollar movie, maybe that was best so I did not seem like a trader crossing the protest line in our city. I have heard everything about this movie from it is pro-murder to it being a fetish film.

No one gave it the opportunity to be a love story, maybe I am just naïve and don’t see the horror plot in the film to kill anyone with a disability. Instead I saw a woman try to become friends with a guy that was pissed off at the world from becoming disabled. How that relationship grew into something more the longer they spent time together.

You to admit it was funny when he said I might go My Left Foot on this one, I’m sure 99% of people had no idea what that referenced. We all feel like that when we first meet new people. For example, when people keep saying what to me. I feel like pulling out my inner Jules from Pulp Fiction, Do you speak English…

I went into this movie with open mind, maybe that is the default as an Artist, to look at things as a work of art and see it as a tool to create conversations.

No comments:

Post a Comment