Navagation

 Facebook    Gallery    YouTube     Twitter

Monday, February 27, 2017

Are You Master Of Your Domain

I have been messing around with some new idea for my digital work, but really this start is about taking time figure how to make the software work for me. This is how any medium should be approached by artists, because the medium is your tool.



I had been working for a day, or two and this happened. Most likely, I hit alt, shift command Z, or something crazy like that and did not know it. The problem is, if you do not know how something was done, you do not know how to undo it. This did happen once before and my assistant Allison just changed the paint brush mode. This time that did not solve the issue, I am thinking I can just re-install Photoshop. Then I would have redo everything to my liking.

Youtube is the new home college, I found that it would be better to delete the preference file. If that did not fix the problem you can put the file back. It turns out to be an easy fix and now I know what to do the next time the same thing happens.



Since I am taking time to explore the software, why not take time to figure out the brush presets so I can work more efficient and save me some time. Although it has endless options, I will still have my favorite brushes with their setting. Just as having your favorite brush, or roller for printing. I also was reminder that you can change the brush thumbnails sizes, which gives me a bigger target to hit when I change brushes.

Although I am working with technology, it cannot do the work for me and should be treat as any other medium. Different medium can add a new dimension to my work, but I need to make it speak my language.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Dan, I would like to follow you in your reflections. You put me thinking with your phrase: "Different medium can add a new dimension to my work, but I need to make it speak my language". I research about narratives, not only the oral/verbal one.
    Sucess at your new discovery.

    ReplyDelete