Navagation

 Facebook    Gallery    YouTube     Twitter

Friday, May 11, 2018

Design For Disability 2018

 Facebook    Gallery    YouTube     Twitter


This year Richard his family invited Dena and I to the Cerebral Palsy Foundation's Design For Disability 2018. This is the perfect example of how I say art is about solving problems. Although, I do not understand one thing about fashion, they are still meeting my interpretation of being an artist.  When you have been a chosen  one to be a PWD  clothes just do not fit , or function ass you need them too.

As part of this project, the designers get to work with a mentor and one of them was Anna Sui! Here she is as she  talks about seaming, pleading, and charring when it comes to designing clothes for people with disabilities that allow for more movement. The Cerebral Palsy Foundation's #designfordisability gala fashion show is tomorrow!! We can't wait to show you what the designers from Fashion Institute of Technology, Pratt Institute and Parsons School of Design have in store for you!
For more on the event: http://yourcpf.org/gala/



For me the real event was the after party, since Tom could introduce to and , I know some how this should be the next Marvel.  Come on, what the hell does Xavier have that we do not? This was like a meeting of the CP families as in the God Father, the next this happens we should take over the White House.


Zach and I could not believe Josh Blue was not there, the  collection just was complete with out him!
So we decided to call his ass, so he could feel as part of the team.


With all the fun aside. I feel as every generation of CPers needs their voice; I feel like, I can speak for my vintage because I know what life was like for us at that time. Someone always has to put down the footer, but the same guy does not get to put the trim in.

No comments:

Post a Comment