Navagation

 Facebook    Gallery    YouTube     Twitter

Thursday, April 26, 2018

Screen Printing Residency at VSU

Contact
YouTube






The idea is to go to college and use the whole campus as a tool to grow, but most time each department keeps to it's self. This was not the idea Smoot took when he brought me to SVU, because funds were tight and ultimately he wanted everyone to share my story. I think he got funding from 5 different departments and offices. This only meant that he had to share me and not keep me chained to the press(joke) we did three speaking engagements last week. it was tiring, but to me that is how it should be. my story does not just fit into one box and needs to be shared with the world.

Its good to be home, but now the withdraw kicks in thinking about the wonderful week we just had reconnecting as a couple and with old friends. Although Wifey and I did not have much time to our selves, we did make the best of it. more importantly, it was how she showed her support of wake up and getting me to the studio to make the most of my week. I would really to THANK Smoot for making this happen, he did not only take care of my as a friend and artist, but as a business man. Smoot pulled a lot of people together on and off of campus to make this possible.

He also pull together a wonderful team of students to help me produce new work, this week was more about that. It was about growing as people and artist and learning that everyone has something to contribute in their own way.

Porpoise Beastly
The Window Waves
Star

No comments:

Post a Comment